Capital Gains Tax

Capital Gains TaxWhen your earnings from selling various assets exceed the yearly tax-free amount, you pay Capital Gains Tax (CGT). Both the residents who are within and outside the country have to pay their CGT. Certain types of assets are charged while others may be tax-exempt.

Business assets you have to pay CGT on include fittings and fixtures, shares, digger, reputation of your corporation, lands and structures, and business trademarks that have been registered. Chargeable personal assets include any personal belongings worth more than £6,000, main residence used for business or rented out, massive primary residence, and shares not held in a PEP or ISA.

When the assets are in the form of gifts, given to a foundation, a civil or married partner, a family member, or other persons you are connected to, separate rules apply. Normally, you wouldn’t have to pay CGT on assets that are given to these recipients.

how it works

How It Works

Why Hire Us?

You need to make sure whether your assets are taxable or not. Generally, you pay tax on your assets when the income from its disposal surpasses the yearly tax-exempt limit. If they are, then you will need help from tax professionals to provide a rough estimate of your Capital Gains Tax since UK Tax rates differ.

Be sure to consult the experts. Legend Financial can help you work out your gain or market value, which are two ways to calculate your CGT. Determining this, you may even be eligible to claim tax relief, which can greatly help you diminish your tax obligations. Let the professionals help with settling your Capital Gains Tax.


If you have anything to clarify about CGT, don’t hesitate to consult Legend Financial. Let’s assess how we can help and give you a fair price for this service.

Scroll to Top