Apprenticeships / traineeAccountancy, tax and financial services
Why join us?
To discover how extra ordinary you are, or can be, explore the current vacancies and apply to join your dream team!
Role: Trainee Accountant / Junior Accountant
Location: London / Milton Keynes
To assist our existing accountants in providing management accountancy services to clients and to free up management time by carrying out important operational tasks and providing support to the wider team as required.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation of management accounts and monthly/quarterly reporting including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flows, variance analysis and reconciliations
- Ensure clients are compliant with respect to accounting standards
- Assist in the preparation of annual compliance accounts; company house upkeep and compliance
- Develop and maintain strong client relations and proactively seek to establish working relationships with prospective clients
- Take responsibility for inbound marketing initiatives, including social media activity
- Undertake administrative tasks required to provide necessary support to colleagues and clients
- Demonstrate commitment to achieving professional (ACCA / AAT) qualification and study towards
- Degree or HND qualified in Accountancy
- Genuine desire and commitment to working towards professional qualification (ACCA / AAT)
- First-class oral and written communication skills and the ability to foster healthy working relationships
- Client-focussed and flexible working style
- An enquiring mind with a logical approach, coupled with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong PC skills and digitally savvy. Packages used include MS Office (Excel in particular), QBO, Xero, VT Accounts and Tax filler
- Open, honest and able to exercise discretion and a high level of integrity always
- Confidence to constructively challenge existing practices and initiative to suggest fresh approaches
- Keen to learn and flexibility to positively embrace change
We seek rewarding opportunities, plan their future and help them achieve financial and business goals. We strongly believe that our growth lies in the progression of our customer’s business.